For various reasons, I haven’t been able to get out and about as much to go to places which have some of the foods on my 30 foods before 30 list since my Autumn Update. However, I’ve been either cooking the more obscure ones at home (or my husband has) or asking a friend who’s a good cook to feed me! 🙂
1. Biscuits and gravy
2. Musakhan jajj
3. Freak shake As I said in my Autumn update, I don’t eat an awful lot of sugar now because I’m insulin resistant. But my husband and I shared a chocolate brownie oreo Freak Shake in December. This was actually one of the smaller ones on the menu, and we still couldn’t finish all of it! But it was really, really good!
4. Wood ants I’m not looking forward to this one…
5. Lobster I had steak and lobster in a steak house.
7. Ceviche Texture was weird, but the taste was good!
9. Nutella Krispy Kreme Many, many times…! So good!
10. Raclette I’ve had lots of Racelette now. Here’s the most recent one at New Year:
11. Afternoon tea While on holiday in Wales we had a lovely afternoon tea out.
12. Tapas I’ve had Spanish and Italian Tapas since starting this list
13. Alcoholic ice lollies We tried making these over Christmas, but lacked the alcohol to put in them…
14. ‘Proper’ loose leaf tea I’ve had this a couple of times, once at a friend’s house and also with afternoon tea
15. Tartiflette I can’t believe I’ve not had this yet! We even have the cheese in the freezer ready to go! It’s become slightly more difficult with my latest diet, which rules out potatoes. I’ll make an exception for this though 😉
17. Tagine My husband made this for tea one night. It was alright- something I’d eat, but not something I’d really look forward to having again.
18. Real steak Steak is now a regular feature in my diet. Here was last night’s one made by my husband: philly steak with mushrooms and spinach- it was really, really good!
19. Gelato I’m happy to continue sampling flavours with this, despite it being ‘done’😉
20. Pecan pie In an american smoke house- very, very good pie.
21. Mississippi mud pie
22. Ice cream float Also in the smoke house, had this a couple of times now.
22. Hot dog This was ‘alright’. I wouldn’t pick it again, but I can say I ate it!
23. Octopus We had this as part of the tapas meal I had ages ago and it was ‘alright’. But then my friend (the one who’s the really good cook) made it for us as part of a meal we had before Christmas and it was really, really good.
24. Thai food I’ve had a Thai Green Curry at a pub and at home and Thai Red Curry Mussels but haven’t eaten in a Thai restaurant. So this is kind of done, but not quite.
26. Mussels We had these this week on our anniversary meal out for our second wedding anniversary. They were also unlimited so we could eat lots of flavours. Korma and red thai curry were the best.
27. Wood fired pizza I’m surprised I’ve not eaten this yet!
28. Churros I’ve had these a few times now, still really good, especially these ones with nutella and dulce de leche
29. Jerk chicken This was an amazing meal out for my husband’s birthday.
30. Sweet potato fries I’m still pretty obsessed with these- every meal that comes with the option of chips, I switch them for sweet potato fries if I can!
If you’re observant, I repeated the number 22 by mistake when I wrote my list so I’ve actually got 31 things, not 30. But I’m happy to eat one thing extra! So in my Autumn update I had 17 done, 1 nearly done and 13 not tried yet. Now I have 19 done, 1 nearly done and 11 not tried yet. I thought I’d done way better than that! I guess it’s because I ate slightly different versions of the things I’d already ticked off my list so it felt like I was ‘achieving’ more. I’d best get eating then….!
And if you want to come and eat wood ants with me *shudders*, or anything else on the list, let me know!
Banner Image: Google Image