I started a 30 things before 30 list in the Summer last year, in preparation for my birthday in May. I did an Autumn update in October, so now it’s time for my Winter update! My birthday seems a lot closer this side of Christmas, but if I don’t manage to complete everything on the list then it’s not the end of the world- I started it as a bit of fun after all!
- Ride a Horse. I’ve not even seen a horse since starting my list!
- Go on a Spa Day.
- Make a wearable piece of clothing. I’ve started this by starting to make a skirt, which I started before my autumn update. It’s still in the same state as it was! However, I did make hairbands this week and have been able to wear them. So a bit more progress has been made!
4. Volunteer for a charity. I took part in the Post Pals Reindeer Post Scheme for Christmas which was a lot of fun! I did also try to volunteer for the hospital that I go to a lot, but they wanted more commitment than I could physically manage every week.
5. Go to a Christmas Market that’s not just the one in Birmingham. I didn’t go very far afield, but I did go to markets in Solihull, Coventry and Blenheim Palace as well as Birmingham.
6. Sell at a craft fair. This is tricky for many reasons I won’t get into on here. But I did make a lot of Christmas presents for people, so did a lot of christmas knitting!
and a friend asked me to knit a kangaroo for her nephew:
7. Go see a musical and stay the night in London.
8. Be a tourist in London.
9. Go for a picnic in a park or a forest. Complete! Although I still want to go on a picnic in the forest.
10. Go punting.
11. Do yoga outside. I did some physio and Tai Chi outside. Yoga is definitely too ambitious at the moment. And it’s now cold outside!
12. Make brioche.
13. Sleep in a yurt.
14. Learn to play Mvt II Sonata Pathetique (Beethoven) all the way through. I have one more page left to learn. Sadly it’s the hardest page!
15. Make my own fruit juice for breakfast. Complete! I made peach and mango and apricot juice for breakfast.
16. Practise Spanish in an actual situation. I’ve talked a bit to a Spanish waiter. And I took part in a photo challenge in November where you had to write a sentence to go with a photo every day in a language you’re learning. I quite enjoyed doing that!
17. Go/watch ice skating. Ice skating won’t happen. But hopefully watching it could.
18. Read all of the Harry Potter books in order. Complete! And I even read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child as well.
19. Make mojito ice lollies. We tried doing this over Christmas, but we don’t actually seem to have any rum in the house!
20. Learn how to crochet properly (even if it is bad). I still can’t do it… It’s proving hard.
21. Re-read a book in French. I’ve started re-reading ‘Twilight’ in French. Progress is slow!
22. Host a raclette party. Complete! Done this a lot now 🙂
23. Listen to BBC Proms concerts. I kind of tailed off listening to them as the Summer went on, but I still listened to lots of different performances.
24. Record a song on GarageBand. Or Logic.
25. Play Pokemon Go. I’m still playing, but I can tick it off the list.
26. Eat tapas. We had some very good tapas, on 2 occasions, Still open for trying more though!
27. Visit a castle. We visited a lot when we went on holiday to Wales. This one is my favourite:
28. Go to the seaside/beach and paddle.
29. Play in a band rehearsal. I *kind of* did this when I went to my old concert band’s reunion event. As in, I played the triangle and the tambourine for a couple of pieces! But I’d still like to play more if I can (although looking unlikely)
30. Go to a Carol Service. I went to 2! I went to see the Westminster Abbey Choristers perform at Symphony Hall and also a local church’s one. Both were great fun, but I particularly loved the choristers.
So in my Autumn update, I had: 8 complete, 6 part way complete and hadn’t started 16. Now I’ve got 11 complete, 7 part way complete and 12 not started. That’s not bad progress! Some of the red ones I’ve started making plans towards, some might not happen because my health won’t allow it, but I hope to get a few more of the oranges to be green for sure! Let me know if you want to join in or help me out 🙂