I’ve been a bit slower eating my way through my 30 foods before 30 list in recent weeks, but here’s my Autumn update as to how I’ve got on so far:
1. Biscuits and gravy
2. Musakhan jajj
3. Freak shake I recently gave up most processed sugar to help manage my insulin resistance, and I think eating a freak shake might be a bit of a sugar overload now! But I’ll still try someone else’s at the very least.
4. Wood ants I’m not looking forward to this one…
5. Lobster I had steak and lobster in a steak house.
7. Ceviche Texture was weird, but the taste was good!
9. Nutella Krispy Kreme Many, many times…! So good!
10. Raclette Will be eating more raclette this week too 🙂
11. Afternoon tea While on holiday in Wales we had a lovely afternoon tea out.
12. Tapas I’ve had Spanish and Italian Tapas since starting this list
13. Alcoholic ice lollies
14. ‘Proper’ loose leaf tea I’ve had this a couple of times, once at a friend’s house and also with afternoon tea
15. Tartiflette I can’t believe I’ve not had this yet! We even have the cheese in the freezer ready to go!
18. Real steak I had the steak and lobster which was ‘alright’, but also steak at another steak house, which was amazing!
19. Gelato I’m happy to continue sampling flavours with this, despite it being ‘done’ 😉
20. Pecan pie In an american smoke house- very, very good pie.
21. Mississippi mud pie
22. Ice cream float Also in the smoke house, had this a couple of times now.
22. Hot dog This was ‘alright’. I wouldn’t pick it again, but I can say I ate it!
23. Octopus Again, this was ‘alright’. We had it as part of the tapas meal. I’ve been told that it tastes better if made differently though.
24. Thai food I’ve had a Thai Green Curry at a pub and Thai Red Curry Mussels but haven’t eaten in a Thai restaurant. So this is kind of done, but not quite.
26. Mussels We had these this week on our anniversary meal out for our second wedding anniversary. They were also unlimited so we could eat lots of flavours. Korma and red thai curry were the best.
27. Wood fired pizza I’m surprised I’ve not eaten this yet!
28. Churros I’ve had these a few times now, still really good, especially these ones with nutella and dulce de leche
29. Jerk chicken This was an amazing meal out for my husband’s birthday.
30. Sweet potato fries I’m still pretty obsessed with these- every meal that comes with the option of chips, I switch them for sweet potato fries if I can!
So by my counting that’s 17 done, 1 nearly done and 13 not tried yet. And if you’re clever, you’ll have realised that that adds up to 31, not 30. It’s because in my original list I repeated 22 by accident, but when I realised, I decided to leave it in because I’m quite happy to sample one extra food! I think some of the red ones I might have to make at home from recipes, because I haven’t seen them on menus- if you have, let me know so I can hunt them down.
I’m quite impressed that I’ve eaten everything so far- there’s not been anything that I would say ruined the meal because I didn’t like it. But then again, I haven’t eaten wood ants yet!
Banner Image: Google Images