I haven’t done an update on my 30 things before 30 list for a while because it got tricky in completing something every week. Plus I’ve had a few health setbacks recently which have made it virtually impossible to do even the ‘easy’ things. I started the list over the Summer, and here’s my Autumn Update! The idea being, I will have hopefully managed most if not all of the things on the list by the time my birthday comes in May. I will definitely need some help with some of these, or if anyone wants to join in let me know 🙂
Ride a Horse. I’ve not even seen a horse since starting my list!
Go on a Spa Day.
Make a wearable piece of clothing. I’ve started this by starting to make a skirt. But it’s been put on hold while I recover because it takes too much concentration/effort to do.
4. Volunteer for a charity. I signed up to post cards/letters to a 5 year old child who spends a lot of time in hospital (postpals), one from each of the reindeer throughout the month of December. It’s not practical volunteering, but it’s still doing something for charity.
5. Go to a Christmas Market that’s not just the one in Birmingham. I’m determined for this to happen!
6. Sell at a craft fair.
7. Go see a musical and stay the night in London.
8. Be a tourist in London.
9. Go for a picnic in a park or a forest. Complete! Although I still want to go on a picnic in the forest.
10. Go punting.
11. Do yoga outside. I did some physio and Tai Chi outside. Yoga is definitely too ambitious at the moment. And it’s now cold outside!
12. Make brioche.
13. Sleep in a yurt.
14. Learn to play Mvt II Sonata Pathetique (Beethoven) all the way through. I have one more page left to learn. Sadly it’s the hardest page!
15. Make my own fruit juice for breakfast. Complete! I made peach and mango and apricot juice for breakfast.
16. Practise Spanish in an actual situation. I’ve done this a bit to a spanish waiter, but it would be good to have a conversation where my responses weren’t just ‘yes’ and ‘no’.
17. Go/watch ice skating. Ice skating won’t happen. But hopefully watching it could.
18. Read all of the Harry Potter books in order. Complete! And I even read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child as well. I can’t have read the last 2 books as much as the other ones because it took me a lot longer to read as I didn’t already know the story as well and kept forgetting bits and having to flick back. And the films, which I have watched a lot, miss out a lot of storylines I’ve discovered! Thank you to my friend who let me borrow his books 🙂
19. Make mojito ice lollies.
20. Learn how to crochet properly (even if it is bad). I still can’t do it… It’s proving hard.
21. Re-read a book in French.
22. Host a raclette party. Complete!
23. Listen to BBC Proms concerts. I kind of tailed off listening to them as the Summer went on, but I still listened to lots of different performances.
24. Record a song on GarageBand. Or Logic.
25. Play Pokemon Go. I’m still playing, but I can tick it off the list.
26. Eat tapas. We had some very good tapas, on 2 occasions, Still open for trying more though!
27. Visit a castle. We visited a lot when we went on holiday to Wales. This one is my favourite:
28. Go to the seaside/beach and paddle.
29. Play in a band rehearsal. I *kind of* did this when I went to my old concert band’s reunion event. As in, I played the triangle and the tambourine for a couple of pieces! But I’d still like to play more if I can (although looking unlikely)
30. Go to a Carol Service. This will hopefully happen, a friend was talking about this yesterday so fingers crossed!
My list is looking a bit like my RAG spreadsheets for school exam predicted grades (teacher in me), so I feel like I should add them up! I’ve completed 8, made a start towards 6 and haven’t done 16… There’s still a lot to be done!
I started the list when I was in a more of a healthy spell, so some of them might not get completed at all now as they’re possibly too ambitious. Others are weather dependent or seasonal. So overall, I’m quite impressed with myself! I think I’m going to focus on the Christmas ones and ones I can do at home, like reading a book in French, crochet and playing the piano. Hopefully I’ll be able to tick those off in my Winter update 🙂