Last week, I wrote a 30 Things to do Before 30 list. A friend and I were joking that we should do a 30 foods to eat before 30 list, and then decided it was such a good idea, I’d do that too! I love food, it’s one of the few things I can do/enjoy at the moment, and I like trying new things. I asked for some suggestions, but also did some of my own research. It’s also perhaps subject to change, like the other list (it depends on whether I get better suggestions!). Here are 30 foods I’ve either never eaten, or foods I’ve eaten before and want to make a point of eating again before I’m 30:
1. Biscuits and gravy– American Style
2. Musakhan jajj– A Palestinian dish composed of roasted chicken baked with onions, sumac, allspice, saffron, and fried pine nuts served over bread
3. Freak shake – very cool and exotic looking milkshakes
4. Wood ants – they featured in a meal my friend had recently, which she’s been raving about. I’m not convinced yet!
6. Khachapuri – georgian bread
7. Ceviche – I’m not sure if me eating raw fish is a good idea yet though.
8. Kleftico – Greek lamb
9. Nutella Krispy Kreme
10. Raclette – I’ve eaten a lot of raclette before, it was a regional dish in the town I lived in in France. But I love it! And it ties in well with one of my 30 things to do before 30.
11. Afternoon tea – I had afternoon tea on my hen party, but it was fun and I want to have it again.
12. Tapas – I’ve had it before, but don’t remember much of it. And it’s also on my other list.
13. Alcoholic ice lollies
14. ‘Proper’ loose leaf tea
15. Tartiflette- same as number 10.
16. Dosas – I had these in India when we went for a wedding, but a friend had some recently and now I want to eat them again!
17. Tagine – I’m pretty sure I’ve had this, but can’t remember.
18. Real steak – I’ve never really eaten steak in a restaurant. I don’t think Harvester counts!
20. Pecan pie – Had it before, but it’s good.
21. Mississippi mud pie
22. Ice cream float-Had it before, but it’s good.
22. Hot dog – Never had a proper one.
24. Thai food– The same friend talking about Dosas has also put this in my head.
26. Mussels – Same as the other French reasons.
27. Wood fired pizza
28. Churros – same as tapas!
29. Jerk chicken – Mostly an excuse to go to a really good Caribbean restaurant again.
30. Sweet potato fries – I may be a bit obsessed with these….!
If you have any suggestions, I can always substitute or add them to my list!
Photo: From a Google Search.