Today I’ve decided I’m having a ‘sleep/pj day’, which means sitting up is a bit too much effort, so I’ll spend the day asleep or lying down. So it fits well with day 29 of Blog Every Day in May being Self-care Sunday. It also means this will be pretty brief!
Things I like to do which I guess fall under ‘self-care’:
– basic things like have a shower. I didn’t fully appreciate this until it became a bit of a challenge some days, but it makes me feel so much better!
– watching a favourite TV programme. New Girl is my current favourite.
– colouring. I love colouring. It doesn’t require much brain power but the end product is pretty.
– knitting. I’m on the look out for some new ideas, so let me know if you have any good ones!
– looking at photos. I’m not good at taking them, but I like looking at other people’s!
– talking to friends. Mostly via Facebook messenger/text.
– going out to the cinema. It’s basically still watching TV but a bigger screen and with other people.
– getting food or takeaway. Always a safe bet.
Most people use ‘self-care’ as a way of slowing down their lives and doing something just for them. I spend a lot of the day by myself doing things slowly, so I suppose my version of self-care would be making sure I have some kind of human interaction every day. Blogging helps with that, as does social media! 😊